April 24, 2012

Cheap Date



This is one of my entertaining tricks. Everyone loves sangria. But serving alcohol can be expensive when entertaining.

Enter $3 buck chuck from Trader Joe's.

And this recipe, which also calls for Ginger Ale to round out the drink.



This is an insanely cheap way to serve drinks while entertaining. You end up with a whole pitcher FULL with 1 bottle of $3 buck chuck, 1/2 a bottle of ginger ale, some OJ, triple sec (if you have it on hand), and lemon and orange slices.

I think if you have the triple sec on hand, it helps stretch it even more. Because it makes it a lot stronger. 

Okay, so it's cheap. I've proven that. But it's also delicious. I promise.

As Alexa kindly said earlier this week, "You make the best sangria. I love your recipe." Aww, thanks Alexa! :)


Sangria, Adapted slightly from Williams-Sonoma Cocktail Parties

1 bottle Trader Joes' $3 buck chuck red wine
24 oz ginger ale
3 cups orange juice
1 orange, thinly sliced
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1/2 cup triple sec (optional)

Mix it all together--that's it! (I make mine a couple hours in advance and put it in the refrigerator to let the flavors develop.)





1 comment:

  1. I love this recipe! I've been making it as my own now for showers and parties. Easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete